Feb 4, 2022
We offer our heartfelt sympathy to all COVID-19 patients and pray for their swift recovery. We would also like to thank all medical professionals who are engaged in the treatment and prevention of COVID-19.
As the Omicron variant is now spreading across the world, we would like to share about the ongoing actions undertaken by the Tokyo Electron (TEL) Group for preventing COVID-19 infections and for ensuring business continuity. The Group organized the Emergency Task Force in January 2020 which has been taking appropriate measures customized for our global locations. The Group’s COVID-19 response policy and prevention measures are as follows:
Subject to the guidelines issued by governments of Japan and other countries, etc., the TEL Group puts the highest priority on maintaining the safety and health of our employees, customers, and other parties involved, and takes measures to prevent the spread of infections. At the same time, we take responsible measures to keep providing our products and service to ensure the continuity of our business.
[Preventative measures against infection to ensure business continuity]
- Conditions of domestic and overseas locations are reviewed at the Task Force meetings held every other week.
- Infection prevention guidelines are prepared for each office and plant location, to be revised appropriately as the state of infection changes.
- Basic infection prevention measures are reinforced, including promotion of mask wearing, daily temperature checks and health inquiries, installation of disinfectant dispensers and acrylic partitions, etc.
- A disinfection manual is prepared to be used when any employee tests positive for COVID-19.
- Holding large meetings is discouraged (online meetings are encouraged instead).
- Participation in and/or hosting of large parties and other mass events are discouraged.
- Qualitative antigen test kits are distributed to office and plant locations if the situation calls for it.
- Workplace vaccination is offered to employees at the plants, headquarters, etc. who wish to be vaccinated.
[Attendance requirement status at offices and plants]
- At TEL offices (Akasaka Headquarters, Fuchu Office, Osaka Branch, TEL Digital Design Square in Sapporo), flextime and remote work arrangements are in place and their use is encouraged.
- At TEL’s four development/manufacturing bases in Japan (Iwate, Miyagi, Yamanashi, Kumamoto), remote work and work shift arrangements are in place depending on the nature of work involved, and traffic lines within the production facilities have been modified for distancing. Taking every possible measure to prevent infections, these facilities continue to be in operation.
- Our Group companies outside Japan are continuing to implement appropriate actions in accordance with the government policies and social conditions of each country.
As for technical support which is vital to our customers’ business continuity, we will keep providing service when so requested by customers, after ensuring that proper safety precautions are in place.
[State of logistics]
No transport of our equipment has been significantly affected at present, thanks to the close coordination with our customers.
We will keep gathering information on all fronts and take necessary measures based on our response policy.
We will continue to take actions to prevent the spread of infections and maintain our business continuity.
* Please note that the measures described above may be revised as the situation changes.
[Past notifications regarding COVID-19]
Feb 6, 2020 Response to the Novel Coronavirus Outbreak