Notice regarding Share Repurchase (Under the provisions of its Articles of Incorporation pursuant to paragraph 2, Article 165 of the Companies Act of Japan)
At the Board of Directors meeting held on April 27, 2015, Tokyo Electron Ltd. resolved to acquire its own shares under Article 156, as applied pursuant to paragraph 3, Article165, of the Companies Act, as follows.
1. Reason for acquisition of own shares
Tokyo Electron Ltd. intends to acquire its own shares in order to implement flexible financial policies.
2. Details of acquisition
1) Type of shares to be acquired: Shares of common stock
2) Total number of shares to be acquired: Up to 15.4 million shares
(Equivalent to 8.59% of outstanding shares excluding treasury stock)
3) Total cost of acquisition: Up to 120 billion yen
4) Period of acquisition: From May 14, 2015 to May 13, 2016
(Reference) Possession of treasury stock as of April 24, 2015
Number of outstanding shares (Excluding treasury stock): 179,266,385 shares
Number of treasury stock: 1,344,526 shares