Jan 30, 2020
At the Board of Directors’ meeting held on January 30, 2020, Tokyo Electron (TEL) resolved to cancel treasury stock under the provision of Article 178 of the Companies Act, as follows.
1. Type of shares to be cancelled : Share of common stock
2. Total number of shares to be cancelled : 8,000,000 shares
(4.84% of issued shares before the cancellation)
3. Scheduled date of cancellation : February 28, 2020
1. Total number of shares repurchased in accordance with the resolution of the Board of Directors’ meeting held on May 27, 2019 : 8,392,000 shares
*TEL will keep holding 392,000 shares out of the treasury stock repurchased in accordance with the resolution of the Board of Directors’ meeting held on May 27, 2019, to use for subscription rights as stock-linked compensation for executive officers, etc. of TEL and TEL subsidiaries.
2. The number of outstanding shares after the cancellation : 157,210,911 shares
3. The number of treasury stock after the cancellation : 1,237,776 shares
*The above number of shares are calculated after excluding the number of shares to be cancelled from the number of treasury stock as of the end of December 2019.
*The above number of shares are exclusive of the Company shares owned by “Executive compensation Board Incentive Plan (BIP) trust” and “share-delivering Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) trust”.